From: Sebastien Fortier (sebastien.fortier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-07 06:05:19

Since I got no answers I'm reposting

I'm currently using multi_array to represent 3D matrices of doubles, I
was wondering which would be the best use since the array has to hold a
very large amount of data. I' currently testing whith a multi_array of
800x800x100 to hold double or pointers to double and I have memory
problems. When I declare the multi_array whith pointers to doubles I can
usually go up to 775x775x100 without problems but when I try the same
thing with a multi_array of doubles I get a bad alloc error. My real
needs for the moment are for a multi_array of 800x600x57 but I will need
bigger storage capacity in the near future, what are your sugesstions.

Is the multi_array a pointer itself?
How is memory management handled?
How can go beyond these limits?

sebastien.fortier_at_[hidden]