From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-09 08:13:04

Edward Diener wrote:

> The regression test matrix appears to be tests by different testers of
> different libraries, and certainly not of all librariews which may or
> may not work for a particular compiler which Boost supports in some
> way. I have rarely been able to make sense of what actually does work
> with what compiler. Is this a failing of mine to understand the
> matrix ? Is the matrix really a complete record of all Boost
> supported compilers and their tests against all libraries which
> ostensibly support a compiler ?

Yes, the matrix is a complete record of all libraries against all supported
compilers. If you look at

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_33_0/user/summary.html

for example, you'll see that the program options library is marked
"unusable" for VC 6 and 7.0. This means that the library does not support
these compilers.

For bind, there's a green 'details' link that leads to

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_33_0/user/bind.html

where one can see that the three test failures on VC 6 are marked as
"expected failures". Following the first of them to

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_33_0/user/output/metacomm-bin-boost-libs-bind-test-bind_dm2_test-test-vc-6_5-debug-threading-multi.html

shows a note at the top that this test failure doesn't render the library
unusable.

> What if there is no regression test
> of a particular compiler against a particular library ? Does that
> mean that the library does not support the compiler, or might it mean
> that nobody has submitted a test of that library with that compiler ?

The compiler is not supported by Boost.