From: __PPS__ (i-love-spam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-10 00:15:22

Hello ppl

I have some questions about the way bjam implements dependencies tracking.

I need a tool that would do this for a project that uses gcc. (it
doesn't use gmake and not entire gnu toolset is available)

does bjam by iteself parses all the source files, looking for incldues
and then parses them to see any updates, or gcc does it?

by the way I downloaded bjam sources and wanted to build it and on one
machine it gave me absolutely weird results (compilation went fine, but
on linking I saw some strange output with strings from registry):
Compiling...
order.c
Generating Code...
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.42

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Command Prompt Here]
Settings\Temp\deleteme.r
eg
"@=Command &Prompt Here" Settings\Temp\deleteme.reg
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Command Prompt Here\command]
Settings\Temp\de
leteme.reg
"@=cmd.exe /k cd %1 " Settings\Temp\deleteme.reg
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory
\shell\Command.obj'
C:\PAVEL\gnu_tools\tools\build\jam_src>

Same shit happend with vs71