From: Dale McCoy (dalestan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-12 07:21:59

On 6/12/06, Umut TABAK <umut.tabak_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have built boost under windows by using Cygwin and the usual
> configure, make, make install approach

Um... Boost uses bjam. Do you mean that you built bjam that way?
In any case, I tried building Boost under Cygwin with minimal success,
and pretty quickly gave up in favor of just downloading the Cygwin
boost and boost-devel packages.

I realize that doesn't allow you to use anything other than whatever
version(s) Cygwin happens to offer for download, but since you mention
using apt-get to install boost binaries on your Linux box, I assume
this isn't a major problem.

> (however i got a message that not all boost libraries are not
> properly installed.)

Exact error messages are really quite useful.

> I am trying to compile a very simple program to see whether things are
> going fine or not, (Since I have a program which is actually written
> under LINUX by using boost library, I have to port that to windows for a
> small project.)

In general, Linux <-> Cygwin porting should be very close to
no-changes-required, especially if you don't mind binaries that depend
on cygwin1.dll.

Dale