From: alefor_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-06-14 13:47:59

Hi,
I'm parsing with Spirit strings of numeric values and want to guess the
right POD that can fit all of them.

For example, I see at glance sets with only 0.0 and 1.0, that can be
optimized to a adjacent group of bool: 1. Or some doubles, in another
set, which value ranges and resolution like shorts. Or if something like
"0.000000000000000000000001" will fit exactly in my floats.

I'm reading boost/lexical_cast , numeric/conversion and interval docs,
but still don't found a way to convert strings to POD knowing if that
cast is exact or not. Range check is there, but don't find a test
telling me if that cast was exact. The 'exact' term here is what
boost::numeric doc definitions chapter means.

Thanks,
alef