From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-16 09:24:56

Roman Neuhauser wrote:
>> I understood your original post and by "puke" I obviously meant throw
>> an exception --- what else did you expect? A silent exit? Core dump?
>
> As far as I understand it, "access violation" is a segmentation
> fault, so yes, it is core dumping for him.

Yes, av's are seg faults, gpf's, core dumps or whatever else you want to
term them. Sorry if that was misleading. It definitely wasn't throwing
an exception which is what I wanted and why I asked about getting at the
version so I could throw an exception myself to prevent the core dump.

Cheers

Russell