From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-17 11:51:36

Andreas,

> OTOH I like your idea to add a on_warning() pp hook
> function (same should be
> added for #error as well). What do you think, what if
> we use the return
> value of the on_warning() pp hook to decide, whether to
> throw the exception?
> This way we could keep the default behaviour (throwing)
> but you could
> enforce the non-throwing behaviour simply by returning false.
>

> I think using the return value form on_warning() or on_hook()
> to decide if an exception should be thrown is an excellent
> idea. That would fit very well with my needs.

I've added two new pp hook functions: found_error_directive() and
found_warning_directive(), both taking the context and the directive
argument token sequence as their arguments. The return vaue is used to
suppress the corresponding exception (true suppresses, false keeps the old
behaviour). I have not updated the docs yet (but will do soon).

The changes are in the CVS::HEAD branch only (I'm not allowed to add new
features to the release branch).

HTH
Regards Hartmut