From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-19 10:50:22

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:12:30 +1000, Diego Molla <diego_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have an error that is puzzling me. I have defined serialization of
>several custom classes, and everything worked perfectly until we've
>changed to a new Linux OS and had to reinstall Boost. Now the program
>doesn't compile and the error given is:
>
> error: incomplete type
>'boost::serialization::extended_type_info_null<SetOfRules>' used in
>nested name specifier
>
>I don't really understand why it says there is an incomplete type when
>there used to be no errors. The same error happens with all the classes
>where I've defined serialization.

I'm not too much into the latest gcc developments (certainly others
will give a more accurate reply) but it looks like a two-phase lookup
issue: at the time your function is parsed SetOfRules is actually
incomplete, but the old gcc version you had didn't diagnose it and
delayed analisys to instantiation time.

This is just my feeling. You might try moving SetOfRules' #include
before.

--Gennaro.