From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-19 17:46:47

I believe it is fixable in a general and definitive way. And I've slowly
been gathering the information needed to address this for differenent
operating systems. Also, I havn't been able to see a way to use bjam to run
a test which dynamically loads/unloads separately built DLLS. I'm still
thinking about this. Also, I don't have the time I used to for this stuff,
so - short answer is that I wouldn't count on this being addressed anytime
soon.

Note that this isn't really a design feature of the library. Its just that
the concept what DLLS which contain partial class implementations (with base
impleentation somewhere else) was never considered. We tried to consider
everything - but its not easy

Robert Ramey