From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-22 05:26:58

Ashish Varman wrote:
> Dear John
>
> Apparantly, I am doing something wrong that is very elementary. I do
> not have any -mt version of the regex library. I even dispensed with
> STLport and tried to build boost first for default system libraries
> only. After giving the command "bjam -sTOOLS=gcc" in the
> directories boost_1_33_1/libs/regex/build and
> boost_1_33_1/libs/thread/build, I
> have the following libraries:

If you build all of boost from the root directory you should get threaded
lib's as well as the thread-unsafe versions, but from libs/regex/build then:

export BUILD="<threading>multi"
bjam stage

should do the trick.

You can always double check the status of the lib by building and then
running the regex_config_info.cpp test program: it will output the values of
all the config macros that are set and BOOST_HAS_THREADS should be one of
them.

HTH, John.