From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-26 01:51:07

Tim wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have an issue when using program_options with long description strings
> when using STLport in debug mode.
>
> This occurs within format_paragraph in options_description.cpp and is
> being found by the _Incrementable check within the STLPort iterator
> checking.
>
> This is using vc71 STLPort 5.0 and Boost 1.33.1
>
> Any help on this issue would be gratefully received.
>
> Apologies for asking a question that has been asked previously but there
> was no resolution posted to the group.

Hi Tim,

thank you for your bug report. Unfortunately, you did not provide the test
program that can be used to reproduce the problem, and did not provide the
error message from STLPort, so all I can do is some guessing.

There was a similar problem with VC8, where a string iterator was icremented
past the end of a string, and VC8 complained, even though the iterator was
never dereferenced. That error was fixed, so my suggestion is the try the
CVS version.

Thanks,
Volodya