From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-05 10:51:58

Yuval Ronen <ronen_yuval_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Well, it doesn't seem all that productive. At some point, which
>> requirements to make part of a concept is a judgement call. There are
>> guidelines that ought to be followed, but some decisions fall into a
>> gray area. You might legitimately choose differently from Aleksey,
>> but I don't think the validity of your choice delegitimizes his
>> choice, which is what you seem to be arguing.
>
> I never meant to delegitimize anyone or anything, so help me God. It
> doesn't mean we can't have a discussion, or even an argument, about
> which of several options is better. And I believe that's true even if
> we're talking about code already written, used and appreciated. If it
> sounded like I was delegitimizing, then I'm truly sorry. My sincere
> apologies to you, to Aleksey, and to the queen of England, if necessary.

No need to apologize. If you want to discuss _why_ you think having
different concepts would have been better, I'm all ears, but asking me
questions like "shouldn't XXX be YYY?" with the background assumption
that any reasonable person should agree is leading nowhere, since
obviously I think XXX is reasonable to begin with.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting