From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-08 07:22:47

paulo.fernando.silva_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Greetings
> I've just emerged (I'm using gentoo) boost, once using bjam and
> another time without it. In both cases (not that it could make a
> difference) I just can't get the boost_regex to work. It blows...
>
> After compiling a few examples (captures_example, and grep) in both
> my home and work pc. I get the same result... segmentation fault.

The program captures_example is special: to build it you must define
BOOST_REGEX_MATCH_EXTRA *both* when building that example, and when building
the regex lib's. This does not apply to any other examples though.

The error's you're seeing have all the hallmarks of some kind of binary
incompatibity issue.

I suggest you build the test programs with bjam:

cd into libs/regex/test and

bjam regex_regress

If that passes OK then it's likely that the installed lib's on your Gentoo
system are the problem.

John.