From: Berenguer Blasi (bblasi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-10 06:28:28

Hi,

first of all congratulations to Ion for this great library.

I am trying to use shmem for a very large project and I have stumbled
several bugs (you can read about them at the sourceforge bugtracker) I have
workarounded so far, but there's one I can't workaround. Maybe somebody has
found a solution?

How to reproduce:

        1- Any sample code will do (you can use the sample source at 'Quick Guide
for the Impatient' -> 'Using STL containers and mapping the memory at a
fixed address')
        2- Change to a fixed_named segment, if it isn´t so already in your sample,
and increase the segment size to 104857600. I guess it's not a matter of
this specific size but something that happens for large segments.
        3- Leave process A running in the background, run process B and you get a
segmentation fault...
        4- You won't have the problem for sizes: 1048576 or 10485760.

Has anybody experienced something similar?

Thanks in advance. It's driving me crazy! and I am so close to finishing my
code. Only this bug pending!

Environment: FC 5, gcc4.1.1-1