From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-10 19:24:41

Robert Ramey wrote:

>> Clever! But again, what if Y is already obsolete at version 2?
>
> LOL - once an object of class Y is stored in an archive and
> kept around - by definition - it can't be obsolete. Obsolete
> suggests it will never be used - archiving suggest it will be.

That's one way to look at it. Your archive just adds and adds
and accumulates data over time. Yet, if you think outside the box,
a skippable archive allows you to subtract data and flag some data
as obsolete. No one is ever so brilliant as to plan from version 1
what happens with version 100 :) If adding is a possibility, I do
not see why subtracting is not.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman