From: me22 (me22.ca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-11 18:54:02

On 7/11/06, Simon Lacroix <slacroix_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> the fs::exists() function seems to throw an exception when I try to look for
> directory containing special characters like ./test[0] ./test<1> etc. Is
> this normal ? I can create directory with these characters

Have you checked which exception is being thrown?

Odds are good that it's the path checker that's throwing because those
names are not valid on some operating systems. (This behaviour is
getting removed in 1.34, iirc.)

See http://boost.org/libs/filesystem/doc/portability_guide.htm#name_check%AD_functions
for details. You can turn it off by changing the default checker (
http://boost.org/libs/filesystem/doc/path.htm#name_check%AD_mechanism
).

~ SWMc