From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-12 04:51:20

kirill.sukhonosenko wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Are there any ready-to-use tests for boost which can be ran after build to
> prove consistency of the built libraries?
>
> I've tried to build several versions of Boost for TI DaVinci chip (ARM
> core) and failed. Both 1-31 & 1-33 versions failed. Some libraries has got
> built, some - not. How can one be assured that built libraries work
> properly?

The "readiness-to-use" very much depend on details. For PC platforms, Boost
has a testing mechanisms that work.

For ARM, well, I'm not sure. How do you want to run the tests? On a
simulator, or on a real target? In any case, this will require changes to
Boost.Build.

It can be easier to just compile tests (libs/<library>/test) for a library
you're interested in, and run it manually.

- Volodya