From: Matt Schuckmann (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-13 19:41:56

I've been looking into using the boost test library to start testing
some of our code and it looks pretty good. I've gone through the
documentation and several of the examples and there are a couple of
things I don't really get

I don't see how the test_suite class lets you create do anything special
with regards to building multi-level tests, none of the examples really
show multilevel test hierarchy and how it really helps me. It looks like
it's really just a way of using a class to group test functions instead
of a series of free functions, am I missing something here?
I really expected more from a feature like this, I'm thinking of things like
    Command line control over which test suites to run, I mean you name
the test suites but you don't appear to do anything with that name
    Reporting success and failure grouped by test suite

Am I missing something here, is this stuff possible and the examples
don't show it or are these feature that are yet to come or haven't been
thought of?

I don't see a good example for how I should setup a unit test for a real
world type project you know an extensive example that covers inputs,
outputs, multiple test suites, etc all in one example.

In my case I've a got a library with several independent classes and
functions that I'd like to test and I'm not sure if I should be
creating multiple executables (1 for each test case) or a single
executable that tests everything, I don't understand the pros and cons
of either case. It seems like I want the single executable that can test
everything or that can test just want I tell it to test.

Any info would be appreciated.
Matt S.