From: Nindi Singh (nindi73_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-16 08:16:16

Firstly .. I apologise for posting my original mail here , I think I should have emailed to the Python list.

As for following the advice at http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html/python/hello.html ..err no ... I did not I'm afraid, but on the other hand I am using scons as my underlying build system. However I did manage to solve my problem, be it not in the most elegant way.
Under Cygwin I built my Boost Python libraries with the line :

bjam --with--python

which gave me two boost_python libraries in /usr/local/lib (as well as others)
libboost_python-gcc-mt-d-1_33_1.a
libboost_python-gcc-mt-d-1_33_1.dll
When I was compiling with the g++ command below line I was getting my errors.

BUT when I renamed libboost_python-gcc-mt-d-1_33_1.a to libboost_python-gcc-mt-d-1_33_1.axx
( at this point I did not want to actualy delete the static library) the compilation was successful.
So I can only conclude that by default I was linking to the static library, and there was something wrong
with the doing that. Since I only ever wanted to link to the dll anyway ..... this solution suffices.