From: Ioannis Filippis (filippis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-21 14:14:48

Hi all,

I wonder whether it is possible to calculate the closenness centrality using
the brandes_betweenness_centrality. The closeness centrality of a vertex is
defined by the inverse of the average length of the shortest paths to/from
all the other vertices in the graph. I know that in theory this is possible
and it would actually save a lot of time if someone wants to calculate both
properties.

Currently I am running brandes_betweenness like this

brandes_betweenness_centrality(g, get(&VertexInfo::betweenness, g),
get(&EdgeInfo::betweenness, g));

I prefer bundled properties as for me are more clear in concept.

I wonder whether:
a.I could use Util parameters like DistanceMap to calculate closenness.
However, I can not really understand how I can create an
iterator_property_map using bundled properties.
OR
b.I have to modify the brandes_betweenness_centrality to calculate also
closenness.

I apologise in case the answer to my problem is trivial but I am just newbie
in the Boost Graph Library.

Thanks for your help.
Ioannis