From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-25 14:21:10

Winson Yung wrote:
>> Thanks John, I am using 1.28.0 version of regex library.
>> Is the regex_iterator and regex_token_iterator available in 1.28.0?
>> Are they better in turn of performance?
>> What's the reason Regex::Grep() and alike get deprecated?

Oh, no they were added in 1.31.0.

The Regex class was always a bit "wrong headed" and not very good design,
most people were using the templates directly anyway, and once these were
accepted for standardisation there was no reason to continue supporting the
old interface.

There's no difference in performance between them, they all call the same
routines internally.

John.