From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-25 05:37:53

John Maddock wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote:
>>> Likewise returning a C-array by value is not legal.
>>
>> Sorry.
>>
>> What makes you think that Boost.Array is not intended to be
>> copy-constructable or assignable?
>
> 'cos I wasn't paying enough attention that's why :-)
>
> It is assignable, just not copy-constructable (or at least not
> without a core change making arrays copy-constructable).

C arrays aren't copy-constructable, true. But Boost.Array is,

struct
{
    T data[ N ];
}

is, std::tr1::array is:

"The conditions for an aggregate (8.5.1) shall be met. Class array relies on
the implicitly-declared special member functions (12.1, 12.4, and 12.8) to
conform to the container requirements table in 23.1."