From: Wu Yinghui, Freddie (yhwu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-25 07:33:08

Hi all,

I'm just starting to try out Boost.Date_time library. As a newbie, I
want to know if there is any good tutorial or "get started" guide
somewhere that I can refer to.

I've checked out the Data_time library documentation, as well as done
some search on Google. Yet I cannot find useful information for an
absolute beginner.

Simple operation such as "Get the current time in the current time zone,
and print it out using ISO format" is not achievable from reading the
documentation--It is helpful to an experienced user, but not at all to a
newbie.

So any hints on how I should get started with Boost.Date_time library?

Cheers,

Freddie

P.S. I found one very annoying fact that most examples in Boost
documentation do not indicate the namespace and/or header file to use
for all those classes and types. This makes it very difficult for a
beginner to get started in general. Any comments on this?

--
Wu Yinghui, Freddie
Research & Development
Software Engineer
Volume Interactions Pte Ltd
1 Kim Seng Promenade, #12-01
Great World City East Tower
Singapore 237994
Tel:   +65 62226962 (Ext 216)
Fax:   +65 62226215
Email: yhwu_at_[hidden]
Important:  This message is intended for the recipient(s) addressed
above.  It contains privileged and confidential information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it from your system.  You must
not read, copy, use, or disseminate this communication in any form.
Thank you.