From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-25 11:11:27

Wu Yinghui, Freddie wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the pointers Jeff. You can pinpoint where the docs is for
> that specific task, because you had experience with the library (BTW,
> that task is just "for example," and I have a lot more doubts regarding
> the usage of the library).

Since I can feel that you are resisting actually reading the docs, my advice
is to break out the example code and start playing with it ;-) Most of what
you want to do is in those example programs.

> Thanks for the efforts on the library as well as the documentation. I
> guess it's time for me to refresh our local document cache with the ones
> on boost.org. :p I think the docs now look a lot more approachable.
> Sorry for the noise.
>
> Regarding the namespace/header file problem, it is not fair to say that
> all docs had me confused on it. But I did face problems previously when
> I was going through the references for certain functions I needed.
> Sometimes, I simply cannot find out the exact namespace/header to use
> without grepping the source tree (or go back to read the docs in full).

I suggest if you get confused about specific docs for specific libraries that
you simply post something to the list. Most authors will be happy to try and
improve the docs. The one thing that you need to do, though, is read the
beginning of the docs because in some they say something like: all the
following example code assume using namespace boost -- or some such thing.

Jeff