From: William Bardon (wbardon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-26 10:42:49

I have read both the Boost Serialization online documentation and the
archives of the Boost-Users mailing list looking for guidance, but I
haven't found anything relevant. I see how to use BOOST_CLASS_TRACKING
and BOOST_CLASS_IMPLEMENTATION to remove version tracking attributes
from the XML tags.

I want to go in the opposite direction. I notice that the class_id and
version attributes only appear the first time an object of a particular
class is serialized. I want to force the version attribute to appear in
every object's attribute list.

Do I need to derive a custom archive to do this? I have looked at the
source code for serialization, but I have trouble plowing through all of
the macros, template expansions, and overloaded functions to locate the
specific part that controls whether class traits are stored as
attributes in a particular XML tag.

Thanks in advance,
Bill