From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-30 13:16:06

On 7/30/06, Gennadiy Rozental <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[snipped]

> > Interestingly, the first two tests fail, while the last two pass.
> >
> > BOOST_CHECK(L"A" == m_mmf.SetLngGetString(1033, 1));
> >
> > BOOST_CHECK(m_mmf.SetLngGetString(1033, 1) == L"A" );
>
> This actually perform pointers comparizons and almost never produce true.

I dont think you can actually be sure about this, since we can't know
if SetLngGetString doesnt return a std::wstring or some other type
that has implicit conversion from wchar_t.
I believe more information is needed to know why the difference is
occurring. Though it sure seems like a pointer comparision problem.

[snipped]

> Gennadiy

best regards,

--