From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-03 21:13:19

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 19:39:17 -0400, "Nat Goodspeed"
<ngoodspeed_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>My employer's legal department has just stated that we may not use Boost
>for product development because of a hypothetical lawsuit risk. The
>reasoning appears to be that some party might rise up and claim that
>parts of one or more Boost libraries actually belong to it

Devin Smith, the lawyer who wrote the Boost Software License,
anticipated these issues; see "Benefit of Common Software License" in:

 <http://www.boost.org/more/license_info.html>

where he also mentions a possible way to address the problem.

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]