From: Paul (elegant_dice_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-03 23:10:42

On 03/08/06, tkachenkok_at_[hidden] <tkachenkok_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Here is the part of code, where the boost::text_iarchive throws an exception "boost::archive::archive_exception" "what(): stream error":

You aren't the only one. I also suffered from segfaults when loading
archives, both binary and text. Usually triggered when saving doubles
or floats (always initialised).

I tried to reduce it to a testcase, but I ran out of time, so I
implemented my own archive/serialiser framework that used the same
serialize() functions that I had written for boost::archive.

It works, and I managed to get it to work with versioning etc (but no
pointer tracking and other stuff i dont need). It uses
stream.write() and stream.read() to read/write in a non-portable
format, but at least it works!

There IS a problem in there somewhere. I personally think its got to
do with the compiler using the wrong functions or something like that,
but I can't be sure.

Works fine on linux, gcc4, would fail on mingw (gcc 3.3.5 i think,
whatever the latest version is). I use stock boost 1.33.1 that I
compile myself.

see ya
Paul