From: Zachary Mark (zmark_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-07 01:06:02

Details:

I work on a project where one of the eventual goals is to have one
binary for a given architecture that runs on multiple Linux
distributions. This goal is currently accomplished by both Sun's Java
VM as well as the cmake project ( http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Index.html
). We are in the process of evaluating how this goal is impacted by
third party dependencies.

We currently use the following boost libs: thread, program_options,
regex, date_time, and filesystem. I strongly suspect that the thread
lib is going to be the biggest cause of grief towards accomplishing this
goal (mostly due to the inability to static link it). Are the other
(non thread) boost libs statically linkable?

Thanks in advance.

-- Zach