From: Maarten Nieber (hallomaarten_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-07 03:04:00

> boost::filesystem::path("c:\\test.txt",
boost::filesystem::native);

Alas, this does not work. The colon (:) is not
accepted
by the name_check function. I tried to fix it by using
my own name check, and by replacing the backslash with
slash (although I would be surprised if these tricks
would be necessary)

path::name_check newNameCheck = &my_windows_name;
boost::filesystem::path testPath("c:/test.txt",
newNameCheck);
std::cout << testPath.native_file_string();

In this case, the path constructor accepts its
argument, but native_file_string() returns

c:test.txt

instead of c:/test.txt.