From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-07 09:27:20

Even if it is true, it should be possible to restict the creation to some certain number of
threads (even without reuse) and wait until at least one of these will finish the execution,
before new ones are created/started.

What if I program a server which should accomplish tasks, but with a maximum ammount of 1024
threads. Then a function get_thread should block, until one of executing threads becomes ready or
terminates. Or do you think such a system should create unlimited number of threads?

I will read tonight a little bit more how the threads in Solaris, Windows and other Unix Systems
work (especiall in regards of creation). On the other hand on Solaris and where threads are cheap
to create a new thread should be created by the pool anyway...

With Kind Regards,

Ovanes Markarian