From: Aubrey, Jason (jason.aubrey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-08 13:41:17

Hello,

My questions are:
  1) Is there any ETA for releasing a fix?
  2) Otherwise, is there an recommended fix I can apply myself?

Environment:
  * MSVC 8.0
  * boost v1.33.1

It seems that it's a known issue that has been present for quite a while
(at least since 1.30):

"Perhaps this is the same leak reported by gast128 in the thread "Memory
leak reported using threads library". A mutex is created in DLLMain ->
on_process_enter -> init_threadmon_mutex. It seems that this mutex is
never deleted and there is no comments that this is intentional. On
Windows the size of the mutex is 8 bytes and it creates a
CRITICAL_SECTION in its constructor - 24 bytes."

I'm not concerned much by the size of the leak nor the semantics of
whether it is truly a leak. My concern is that I'm receiving an alert
from VS indicating "Detected memory leaks!" and regardless of how MS's
detecting this, it's obviously not a good situation for me.

Regards,
Jason