From: Alan Gray (alan_l_gray_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-10 00:46:51

Hi John,

I cannot reproduce the problem in a sample program (yet). The symptions
appear to be stack corruption. In the function

template <class charT>
w32_regex_traits_char_layer<charT>::w32_regex_traits_char_layer(::boost::re_detail::lcid_type
l)
   : w32_regex_traits_base<charT>(l)
{

line 187: w32_regex_traits.hpp

the line

   std::string cat_name(w32_regex_traits<charT>::get_catalog_name());

executes ok, looking at the debugger, _Mysize = 0 , _Myres = 15 which is
expected. Then stepping into

   if(cat_name.size())

inside the call, _mysize is now equal to some crazy number. The interesting
point is that the debugger steps to the line

                return (_Mysize);

and bypasses the line above being

                { // return length of sequence

In the sample program, the debugger always steps onto the { line, then the
return line. So at this point, something has lost the plot.

To try to narrow down the problem, I put the call to the wregex as the first
lines in the program. In theory, no corruption of any memory should have
occured during

void __cdecl _initterm (

initialisation. As a test, I am downloading another regular expression class
to see what happens. I have run with Compuware Bounds Checker, and every
other trick I know, and there just does not seem to be any memory
corruption, dangling pointers or anything.

It's driving me mad, but I realise without a sample program showing the
problem, neither can you.

Regards,
Alan