From: Andy Schlaikjer (hazen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-16 10:10:39

Rene Rivera wrote:
> If you are going to go through the steps to shove objects into a
> database you might want to consider existing domain specific solutions.
> For example the various databases written by Konstantin Knizhnik
> <http://www.garret.ru/~knizhnik/databases.html>.

Thanks very much for the link Rene, but my needs are so simple that any
sort of ORM or OODBMS would be overkill. My application has a single
class which needs this form of persistence, and it contains members no
more complex than a std::map<string, string>. In case anyone else would
be interested in a few more ORM / ORDBMS / OODBMS links, I found the
following pages useful for link fodder:

http://www.service-architecture.com/products/object-relational_mapping.html
http://www.service-architecture.com/products/object-relational_databases.html
http://www.service-architecture.com/products/object-oriented_databases.html