From: Hin-Tak Leung (hin-tak.leung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-22 12:46:52

Hmm, I don't know if you have found the answer yet, and if you do,
I'd like to know. My guess about the origin of your problem, if it is
to do with you building boost yourself, is -fomit-frame-pointer.
It is generally not a good idea compiling *libraries* with
-fomit-frame-pointer, if you read the gcc doc and understand what
it does. The frame-pointer is very important for subroutine
entries and exits, and omiting it would often cause segmentation
fault on initializing most library code.