From: Rush Manbert (rush_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-23 20:15:46

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Rush Manbert wrote:
>
>>Why are there no thread safe libraries built for the Darwin toolset?
>

> Unfortunately... I have no clue why you don't get the multi-thread libs.
> They did get generated, and tested, for the release. For example the
> thread libs
> <http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/1_33_1/developer/thread_release.html>.

Thanks for the reply. I have poked around a little bit more. By placing
#warnings in config/compiler/gcc.hpp and in config/suffix.hpp (which
appears to be the only place that BOOST_HAS_THREADS is undefined) I know
that if I run the default bjam with the Darwin toolset, then
BOOST_HAS_THREADS is defined for every file that is compiled. Does this
mean that all of the multi-threading support is enabled in every
library? If so, then something still seems wrong, but at least I am
building multi-thread libraries.