From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-24 16:43:46

Its not clear whether your using binary, text or ? type
of archives. Also it would help to know which version
of boost you're using. The lastest version of boost
in the CVS head (1.35?) use an implementation of
binary archives which bypasses streams in favor of
direct calls to the stream_buffer. The is measurably
faster.

Of course I have to be suspicious of you stream i/o
re-implementation. Which like all standard library
implementations is much trickier to get right than
first meets the eye.

Other than this I'm not sure what more I can say.

I'm sure this doesn't help much - and I'm sorry
about that.

Robert Ramey