From: Nat Goodspeed (ngoodspeed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-25 13:44:32

[Nat] Do you have access to the source code to your buffered version of
stream_buf? Is the buffer declared as an array of char? Does char
default to signed with your compiler? If so, char 255 == 0xFF can get
returned as the int value -1 -- which is still used as EOF in the stream
code I've poked through.

Sorry if this is way off base, but I've been bitten before by not using
unsigned char for buffers containing bytes with high-order bits set.