From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-28 23:11:36

Steve Hyatt wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am trying to write a Jamfile for a simple test app which uses the
> boost date_time library. I am unable to figure out how to tell the
> boost build system to link in that library.
>
> I have a Makefile which can do the link:
>
> $make
> g++ -c -pipe -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -DLINUX -I./ -g -o tester.o
> tester.cpp
> g++ -o tester tester.o -lboost_date_time-gcc-1_33_1
>
> Can someone show me a Jamfile that 'just works' (TM).

A few thoughts:

1) Why link the library? Unless you are using serialization or to/from_string
functions you don't need to link it anyway.
2) What's wrong with your Makefile?
3) You can look at the Jamfiles in libs/date_time/test...but I don't believe
these will work outside of the boost tree. I'd recommend reading this:

http://www.boost.org/tools/build/v1/build_system.htm

But the scary thing is bb v1 is about to die and be replaced by:

http://www.boost.org/tools/build/v2/index.html

If you really want to go down this road I suggest posting here: