From: james.jones_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-08-30 15:34:01

From: "david v" <danova_fr_at_[hidden]>
> Thanks to all for your comments....
> It's a pity this class of functionality is not implemented in boost. I'm in
> the bioinformatics field and starting to work with boost. The use of regex
> in general as boost implements is quite common in the field and boost is
> very handy.!!! However at some point some advanced functionalities with
> insertion,deltions and repeats are very handy to use. Maybe there's a chance
> that some of the work out there get into boost as a boost_bio module ???
> Note that biocpp.sourceforge.net has done some work on bioinformatics and
> that maybe it would be interesting to know if they were willing to move
> their codeinto boost. This will avoid people from having to install
> thousands of libraries to do their work.
>
> What do you think ??

I think if this functionality were added, it should NOT be called Boost.Bio or refer to bioinformatics in any way, because this isn't bioinformatic-specific. But in general adding these string algorithms would be useful - they are used in many fields.

-
James Jones Administrative Data Mgmt.
Webmaster 375 Raritan Center Pkwy, Suite A
Data Architect Edison, NJ 08837