From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-04 12:04:22

Jeff Garland wrote:
> V wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a small project with boost 1.33 + libtorrent 0.10 + wxwidgets
>> 2.7.0 + msvc 8.0 (2005) express.
>>
>> in project config -> linker -> input -> add. dep.
>> I have (among other libs):
>> libboost_filesystem-vc80-mt-gd.lib
>> libboost_thread-vc80-mt-gd.lib
>> libboost_date_time-vc80-mt-gd.lib
>>
>> and linker says:
>> tracker_manager.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>> "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
>> boost::gregorian::greg_month::greg_month(unsigned short)"
>> (__imp_??0greg_month_at_gregorian@boost@@QAE_at_G@Z)
>> web_peer_connection.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>> "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
>> boost::gregorian::greg_month::greg_month(unsigned short)"
>> (__imp_??0greg_month_at_gregorian@boost@@QAE_at_G@Z)
>> storage.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>> "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
>> boost::gregorian::greg_month::greg_month(unsigned short)"
>> (__imp_??0greg_month_at_gregorian@boost@@QAE_at_G@Z)

VC8 gives different names to these functions depending on whether they're
labled dllexport or not. That in turn depends on whether either of
BOOST_DATE_TIME_DYN_LINK or BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK is defined. My guess is that
one of these must be defined in your project settings, as the default
behaviour is to set things up for static linking. If you're completely sure
that's not the case then shout and we'll investigate further, but from a
quick scan of the headers everything looks to be in order.

HTH, John.