From: Saul Spatz (spatzs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-05 00:00:35

This description of the algorithm comes from the documentation for the
computer algebra system magma
http://magma.maths.usyd.edu.au/magma/htmlhelp/text1472.htm#14914

Face(u, v) : GrphVert, GrphVert -> SeqEnum

    Returns the face of the planar graph G bordered by the directed edge [u,
v] as an ordered list of edges of G.

    Note that a directed edge and an orientation determine a face uniquely:
We can assume without loss of generality that the plane is given a clockwise
orientation. Then given a directed edge e = [u_1, v_1], the face defined by
e is the ordered set of edges [u_1, v_1], [u_2, v_2], ..., [u_m, v_m] such
that v_i = u_(i + 1) for all i, 1 <= i < m, v_m = u_1, and for each v_i =
u_(i + 1), the neighbours of v_i, u_i and v_(i + 1), are consecutive
vertices in v_i's adjacency list whose order is anti-clockwise.