From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-06 09:47:08

LionAM ha escrito:

> Hello!
> I'm using Visual C++ 6 (for an MFC-Project).
> When I include <boost\ptr_container\ptr_vector.hpp> in an Sourcefile,
> it takes over 11 seconds to compile (without less than 1 second!)
> If I really wanted to use ptr_containers in my Project, I would have
> to include it in many files. But then compilation takes too long...
> Are there any possibilities to speed this up?

Hello Alex, you might try using the precompiled headers option and
adding #include <boost\ptr_container\ptr_vector.hpp> to the
precomp header (usually "stdafx.h" for MFC projects). This usually speeds
things up orders of magnitude. The drawback is that this feature is a little fragile
in VC++ 6.0 and you might need to ocassionally do fresh rebuilds when the
compiler chokes with strange error messages or ICEs.

HTH,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo