From: Moshe Matitya (Moshe.Matitya_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-07 03:57:12

Who told you that Microsoft "retired" MFC? To paraphrase Mark Twain,
this talk of MFC demise is greatly exaggerated. They might not be not
pushing it the way they're pushing their .NET stuff, but it's certainly
still there. MFC is part of Visual C++ 2005, both the libraries and the
wizards in the IDE. In fact, they released a new version of it with
additional features
[<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235433.aspx>]. The
breaking changes are very minimal
[<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms244941.aspx>], so it ought
to be possible to port an existing MFC app with little or no difficulty.

Moshe