From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-08 05:23:04

>I'm puzzled why it talks about some class called "gcc 3.2" when I'm
>doing nothing with gcc. If any of the boost wizzes could help me get
>this going, I'd appreciate it.
>
>This is with xlC 8.0.0.0 on an IBM SP5 running AIX5. Any hints for
>resolving this would be appreciated.

It relates to the use of BOOST_MPL_HAS_XXX_TRAIT_DEF which is apparently
broken for this compiler (sadly we appear to have no one testing this
compiler at present, so this has gone unnoticed). You could try looking at
the details in boost/mpl/has_xxx.hpp and seeing if you can fix the core
issue, or you could just modify regex_traits.hpp to work around the issue -
take a look at the workarounds that are already in place for

#if !defined(BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION) &&
!BOOST_WORKAROUND(__HP_aCC, BOOST_TESTED_AT(55500))

(In two places) and apply these for your compiler as well. If you can let
me have your compiler identification macro and current it's current value,
then I'll apply fixes to cvs.

HTH, John.