From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-09 12:25:00

Maik Beckmann wrote:
> Hello John
>
>> Why not? Did you build regex against STLport?
>
> It isn't that important to me to solve this isse, since at work (I'm a
> student helper) I'm using mingw wich works fine with matlab libstdc++
> and boost regex. But maybe there are others who need to handle this,
> so
> for investigation...
>
> ... I compiled boost-1.33.1 by typing:
>
> bjam -sTOOLS="gcc-stlport" -sSTLPORT_PATH="/usr/include/stlport/"
> -sSTLPORT_VERSION="5.0.2" -sBUILD="release <runtime-link>dynamic
> <stlport-iostream>on" stage

That would look for the STLport headers in
"/usr/include/stlport/STLport-5.0.2/stlport" which I suspect in not what you
wanted. The linker errors are certainly typical of what happens when you
link against a regex lib that is *not* built against STLport. And yes, we
need to improve the error checking in these STLport toolsets.

HTH, John.