From: Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-09-13 01:09:32

Hello,

> Hello all,
>
> I'm attempting to build Boost filesystem as a shared library
> on HP using aCC(I have no choice, I have to use this
> compiler). Here is machine and compiler info:
>
> HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 (tb)
> aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.63

I've also to develop on HP/UX 11.11 PA-RISC. The aCC deployed on PA-RISC
is a verry old (version 3.x) and is not conform to the current
c++-standard (aCC-3.x has problems with templates).
I got boost never compiled on this platform with aCC-3.x. I use gcc
(depot from HP-website) and it works very well.
If you can switch to Itanium-HP/UX you can use aCC-6.x which should work
with boost.
regards,
Oliver