From: Raveendra Madala (rmadala_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-13 04:27:34

Hi,

My name is Raveendra Madala. I work for Adobe Systems. We are using
boost/regex 1.33.1 in one of our projects and we have encountered the
following bug.

Character Equivalence is supposed to find all variations of a given
character. When we try to use this with Japanese characters regex is
failing. To test this, if we have 0x30A2(Full width Katakana letter A),
0xFF71(Half width katakana letter A) and 0x32D0(Circled Katakana A) in
the text and if we enter [[=a=]] where a is katakana a then regex is
unable to find the three characters. This is just an example and is
happening for all Japanese characters.

How can we work around this issue? If you require more information on
this, please do let me know.

Thanks,

Raveendra