From: Sune Mai (sunemai_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-13 17:09:58

Hi,

I have a problem exactly similar to what is described in great detail in an
earlier post to this list (with the same title):

http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2006/02/17367.php

Unfortunatly, the thread ends without a solution...

Just as in the above post, the dll "hello.pyd" built with bjam (following
the Boost.Python tutorial) doesn't export inithello. A manual build does,
and the resulting "hello.pyd" works fine when imported into python.

One observation that might help pinpoint the problem is that the sizes of
"hello.obj" and "hello.pyd", generated by the bjam build, are very
different:
hello.obj: 766 kB
hello.pyd: 13 kB

In the manual build they are both large (~800 kB).

If any further info is needed please tell me, and I'll see what I can do -
but please be very specific, since I'm an absolute newbie in the world of
boost, and not a very experienced programmer in general either.

Regards
\Sune Mai