From: Stefan Tarrant (stefan.tarrant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-14 15:49:23

Mark Wilson wrote:
> Does the fact that bjam builds a "*-mt*" version of signals indicate
> that signals is now thread-safe? If it isn't, why is the "*-mt*"
> version built?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

I don't use the signals library much but according to the link below
they are not thread safe.

http://www.boost.org/doc/html/signals/s04.html#id2738867

What I can tell you is that if you are building an application and are
linking a specific version of the c++ runtime library (CRT), any static
libraries that you link must also have been linked against the same
version of the CRT. Otherwise you could get quirky (undefined) behavior.
That's why when you build a static library you usually build one for
each version of the CRT.